Personal data we collect
When you register with us as a candidate for recruitment services, you provide, and we process your personal data, including but not limited to your name, contact details and data from your CV. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also collect data relating to your health, diversity data, including race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation and religion (for equal opportunity monitoring), as well as details of any unspent criminal convictions where required by a client or by us if you apply for a role with us.
If you use our website, click on links in emails we send to you, open or forward them, or sign up to receive job alerts or other content from us, we also collect personal data from those interactions.
We may also obtain personal data about you from third parties, including:
- clients to whom we have provided your CV and who have engaged with you as part of a job application or who have given feedback on your CV;
- publicly available sources such as LinkedIn and social media sites to enhance the data we hold about you to help us find more suitable roles for you;
- nominated referees – if you are to be considered for a particular position.
We collect personal data about prospective candidates from third parties when we:
- search for prospective candidates via publicly available sources, such as LinkedIn and other social media sites, from which we obtain your personal information;
- receive your personal information from our websites, other candidates, our colleagues within Bauer Kaiser & Co Limited and PI Business Consulting Limited, or an employer who recommends you as a contact.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to:
- provide job-finding services to you;
- communicate with you;
- provide interviewing and salary advice to you, and
- tailor our marketing scheme to keep you informed of job opportunities, promotions, events, business analytics and insights, and other content that aligns with your interests.
Legal grounds for processing your personal data
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance and other applicable laws, we process your personal data relying on the following grounds:
(a) Performing a contract – where, to meet our contractual obligations or take the appropriate steps for entering into an agreement, we will need to process your personal data;
(b) Compliance with legal obligations – where we need to process your personal data to comply with legal or regulatory obligations;
(c) Our legitimate interests or those of a third party – including:
- providing you with our services;
- responding to your requests and enquiries;
- optimising the performance of our website and user experience;
- informing you about our services; and
- providing satisfaction surveys of our services;
- contacting prospective business clients to establish commercial relationships with business clients.
(d) Consent – in some circumstances, we may request your permission to use and manage your personal data in a particular way – to manage your marketing preferences. For instance, when applying for a job with us you can register for similar vacancies updates. You have the authority to revoke your consent for us to process your personal data at any time. If you would like to exercise this right, please refer to the "Contact Us" section of this policy.
Who do we share personal data with
While your personal data will be kept confidential, in certain circumstances, we may need to provide or disclose your personal data if required for any of the foregoing purposes. We would merely disclose data that is necessary for such disclosure.
If you are a candidate, your data is provided to hiring clients who are likely to have vacancies relevant to you.
We may be obligated to share your personal data with legal bodies, law enforcement agencies, and authorised government authorities. In addition, in the case of a re-organisation or transaction, such as mergers or acquisitions involving our business activities, we would disclose this information to any new owners and their advisors.
Keeping personal data secure
We have put appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to secure and protect your personal data from any form of unwanted destruction, loss or alteration. We ensure that only authorised personnel, and third-party service providers have access to personal data on a need-to-know basis, contractually bound by confidentiality agreements.
How long do we keep personal data?
We maintain personal data over an extended period to fulfil the ongoing purpose we collected it for. This allows us to build a lasting relationship with, for example, clients and candidates to provide ongoing support as needed.
Your rights to personal data we hold about you
You have certain rights under the Regulations and other applicable laws. These include obtaining access to your personal information held by us, requesting that any errors or inaccuracies in such data be remedied, and gaining delivery of the same for contractual purposes or with consent in an organized, machine-readable format. Furthermore, you may lodge objections to our processing activities if they do not comply with legal requirements or serve direct marketing objectives.
Your rights under the relevant data protection regulations may be restricted when they conflict with another individual's privacy, when a third party holds more dominant interests in contingent information or if deletion of said data is prohibited by law. In such cases, we will inform you promptly and explain any exemptions that necessitate compliance limitations to your request.
Contact details: Data Protection Officer
Post: The Data Privacy Officer
PI Business Consulting Limited
1205, 12/F, Inter-Continental Plaza, 94 Granville Road, TST, Hong Kong